Spine Tumor Surgery in New Jersey
When it comes to spine tumor surgery, New Jersey spine surgeon Dr. Joshua Rovner has the comprehensive experience patients trust. As one of the states leading destinations for spine surgery in NJ, spinal tumors are a spinal condition that Dr. Rovner and his advanced surgical team treats.
Surgical Intervention for Spinal Tumors
There are two primary types of spinal tumors. One type develops from within the spine and the other comes from other parts of the body and metastasizes to the spine. These are called primary tumors or metastatic tumors.
Symptoms of Spine Tumors
Symptoms of spinal tumors develop over long periods of time, sometimes weeks and sometimes years. Metastatic spinal tumors usually progress more quickly than primary tumors. Both types of tumors can have the following symptoms:
- Arm, Leg, and/or hip weakness
- Spinal deformity
- Loss of bowel/bladder control
- Back or neck pain that increases while sleeping
If the tumor is metastatic, some additional possible symptoms are:
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
Diagnosis of Spine Tumors
During a consultation at Progressive Spine & Orthopaedics in New Jersey, spine surgeon Dr. Rovner will:
- Review your medical history and any test results you bring with you.
- Determine the cause of your symptoms through a physical exam.
- Order any necessary tests, e.g. x-rays or MRI scans.
- Educate you on your diagnosis.
- Provide and discuss treatment options with you, including risks and benefits.
- Together, you will decide on the treatment option that works best for you.