Spine Tumor Surgery in New Jersey
When it comes to spine tumor surgery, New Jersey spine surgeon Dr. Joshua Rovner has the comprehensive experience patients trust. As one of the state’s leading destinations for spine surgery in NJ, spinal tumors are a spinal condition that Dr. Rovner and his advanced surgical team treats.
Surgical Intervention for Spinal Tumors
There are two primary types of spinal tumors. One type develops from within the spine and the other comes from other parts of the body and metastasizes to the spine. These are called primary tumors or metastatic tumors.
Symptoms of Spine Tumors
Symptoms of spinal tumors develop over long periods of time, sometimes weeks and sometimes years. Metastatic spinal tumors usually progress more quickly than primary tumors. Both types of tumors can have the following symptoms:
- Arm, Leg, and/or hip weakness
- Spinal deformity
- Loss of bowel/bladder control
- Back or neck pain that increases while sleeping
If the tumor is metastatic, some additional possible symptoms are:
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
Diagnosis of Spine Tumors
During a consultation at Progressive Spine & Orthopaedics in New Jersey, spine surgeon Dr. Rovner will:
- Review your medical history and any test results you bring with you.
- Determine the cause of your symptoms through a physical exam.
- Order any necessary tests, e.g. x-rays or MRI scans.
- Educate you on your diagnosis.
- Provide and discuss treatment options with you, including risks and benefits.
- Together, you will decide on the treatment option that works best for you.
Treatment of Spinal Tumors
Dr. Rovner recommends surgical treatment for spine tumors only as a last resort. If your diagnosis is a cervical disc herniation, the treatment options he’ll discuss with you are
- Physical therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Steroid injections
- Spinal surgery to remove the tumor
Your New Jersey Spine Surgeon for Spine Tumors
As an award-winning New Jersey spine surgeon, Dr. Joshua Rovner delivers comprehensive treatment for spinal , whether spine surgery or non-surgical treatment is the best approach. Board certified to practice in New York and New Jersey, Dr. Joshua Rovner is among few spine surgeons in NJ with depth of experience and expertise for advanced and minimally-invasive spinal surgery. Schedule a consultation today and contact us.