General Back Pain Surgery in New Jersey
When it comes to General Back Pain surgery, New Jersey spine surgeon Dr. Joshua Rovner has the comprehensive experience patients trust. As one of the state’s leading destinations for spine surgery in NJ, General Back Pain is a spinal condition that Dr. Rovner and his advanced surgical team treats.
General Back Pain Surgery
Thankfully, most back pain resolves itself. But how do you know when it’s more serious and requires medical attention? If the pain is severe, consistent over a longer period of time, and not improving you should seek medical attention. This is chronic back pain and could be an indication of a serious spinal problem.
When to See a Surgeon for Back Pain
It’s very common to experience soreness or stiffness in your back. But there are some symptoms which should bring you to seek medical attention:
- If your symptoms last longer than three months
- If you have pain, weakness, or numbness in your legs
- If you have difficulty controlling your bowels or bladder
- If the pain wakes you at night
- If your symptoms develop suddenly without an obvious cause
Diagnosis of General Back Pain
During a consultation at Progressive Spine & Orthopaedics in New Jersey, Dr. Rovner will:
- Review your medical history and any test results you bring with you.
- Determine the cause of your symptoms through a physical exam.
- Order any necessary tests, e.g. x-rays or MRI scans.
- Educate you on your diagnosis.
- Provide, and discuss, treatment options with you, including risks and benefits.
- Together, you will decide on the treatment option that works best for you.
General Back Pain Treatment
Dr. Rovner recommends surgical treatment only as a last resort. If your diagnosis is low back pain, the treatment options he’ll discuss with you are
- Modified activity
- Physical therapy
- Spinal Surgery
Your New Jersey Spine Surgeon for General Back Pain
As an award-winning New Jersey spine surgeon, Dr. Joshua Rovner delivers comprehensive treatment for General Back Pain, whether spine surgery or non-surgical treatment is the best approach. Board certified to practice in New York and New Jersey, Dr. Joshua Rovner is among few spine surgeons in NJ with depth of experience and expertise for advanced and minimally-invasive spinal surgery. Schedule a consultation today and contact us.